July 7, 2020 (12:25 PM -1:20 PM) – Join Gary and Coryn during the FPA NCA Virtual Spring Symposium for a 1 Hour CE Session on estate planning considerations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and 2020 elections.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- How will the upcoming election results impact tax strategies?
- What planning tools can be used to take advantage of historically low interest rates and low stock market and business valuations?
- What are the healthcare and financial documents that every adult must have, especially now?
- How can you protect future inheritance/assets from creditors, lawsuits, bankruptcy, and divorces?
This, and more, will be discussed over the course of 50 minutes, followed by a Q&A period. Register using this link.
January 13-17, 2020 – Gary and Liz will be attending the 54th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning in Orlando, FL. More information here.
January 24, 2020 – Gary and Coryn will be attending the National Capital Area Financial Planning Association Winter Symposium in Tyson’s Corner, VA. More information here.
February 4, 2020 – Gary and Coryn will be attending the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Success Summit at the Sheraton in Tysons Corner, VA. More information here.
February 12, 2020 – Gary will be presenting a review of the Heckerling Seminar for members of the Society of Financial Services Professionals in Tyson’s Corner. Attendees will receive 2 hours of CE credits. More information here.
February 26, 2020 – Gary will be leading an informative discussion at Hope Connections for Cancer Support on the recent changes to estate and tax laws and how they may impact estate and retirement planning. More information here.
February 29. 2020 – Gary will be a guest speaker at “A Pure Silver Reception” – a seminar sponsored by the Agnew Group. The topic is 2020 Vision: Art Collecting for Pleasure, Investment & Legacy. The event will take place between 6:30 and 9:00 PM at the District Architecture Center in Washington, DC. To reserve your place, call 703.734.8095 or email Tyquia.Stuckey@ML.com by February 25, 2020. More information here.
May 4, 2020 – In a series for Association for Enterprise Growth, I will be presenting on the May 4th topic: “How do I protect my personal assets with insurance, financial planing, wealth management?”
June 17, 2020 – Coryn and Gary will be facilitating an “Ask the Experts” Community Forum on estate planning for members of the FPA National Capital Area chapter.
Sample questions to consider for discussion:
- What should I be telling my clients about their medical directives in the midst of COVID?
- How can our clients get their documents executed during this time?
- While your clients may be unable to see visitors during this time, what strategies can be used to manage their assets if documents, checks, etc need to be signed?
- Does my client need a Revocable Trust, or would a Will just be enough?
- Do you think TOD designations are a good idea for my client?
- What pitfalls are there with naming a charity as a beneficiary of an IRA?