Estate Law: It’s All We Do
Rather than dabble in various areas of law, our practice focuses exclusively on estate law. We handle everything from basic planning to more complex matters such as estate administration, special needs beneficiaries and business succession planning. Our firm is committed to legal excellence and superior customer service in the following areas:
- Asset Protection – Keeping your assets safe from interference or audit.
- Business Succession Planning – Establishing a clear and responsible business succession plan according to your wishes.
- Charitable planning – Making sure your intentions, and donations, are handled ethically and within the limits of the law.
- Elder Law – Knowing any and all changes to existing legislation covering your particular situation.
- Legacy and Estate Planning – Planning that goes beyond assets and factors in the legacy you wish to leave behind.
- Estate and Fiduciary Litigation – Dealing with claims against you and your property, or how it was handled by others.
- Guardianship & Conservatorship – Planning to care of those who cannot care for themselves.
- Incapacity Planning – Deciding who will make financial, medical and parental decisions on your behalf should you become incapable of doing so.
- International Estate Planning – Understanding the complicated laws and regulations in foreign countries and applying them to your current domestic arrangements.
- Planning for Same-Sex Couples – Addressing any potential legal challenges that same-sex couples may face.
- IRA and retirement planning – How you can strategize today for what you may or may not need tomorrow.
- Pre and Post-Marital Agreements – Protecting you and your partner’s assets as you prepare for marriage.
- Probate and Trust Administration – Handling all the jobs required of a Certified Fiduciary
- Special Needs Planning – Planning for those instances where long term care or a nursing home is needed for a loved one with special needs.
- Trustee Services – Filling in for your role as Trustee.
- Tax and IRA Planning – How to minimize the Federal and State tax implications on assets and inheritance.
- Wills & Trusts – Creating the necessary legal documents required to protect you and your estate in case of death or extreme/extended disability.
Schedule an appointment with us today.
At Altman and Associates, ensuring that you and your family are prepared for the future is our number-one priority. We have the knowledge, experience and the resources to address any and all of your specific estate planning needs. The time to address your legacy is now, not when tragedy strikes. Our offices are conveniently located in the Rockville, Columbia, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. Learn more about your options. Call us at (301) 468-3220 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.