Premier Maryland Estate, Legacy and Business Planning Attorneys
Providing personalized solutions for more than two decades
No one likes to think about what will happen after they pass away. Yet, after a loved one has passed, issues that can arise with the estate can pull families apart, make enemies of friends, and leave a lasting, negative impact for generations to come. At Altman & Associates, our Maryland estate planning attorneys have more than 20 years experience in estate planning. When it comes to strategic estate planning, we handle everything — from matters concerning charities and special needs beneficiaries, to complex wills and trusts. We carry CFP certification, meaning we handle all clients with the high standards and ethical concerns that come with being a Certified Financial Planner. Our Maryland estate planning attorneys are recognized throughout Maryland as leaders in estate planning. Trust our experience to see you through.
Strategic estate planning
Every life change means a possible alteration to to the disposition of your estate. From marriage and birth, to the loss of someone close to you, various events can have an impact on what happens to your assets and belongings after you pass away. While it’s never pleasant to consider, you have to prepare for that time when you are no longer here. Factors that influence a change in estate planning needs include:
- Change in martial status
- Birth of a child
- Change state of residence
- Significant change in the value or character of assets
- Change in intended beneficiaries
- Death of a beneficiary
- Death of a guardian, trustee, or personal representative
- Change in the tax laws affecting federal estate tax deductions and calculations
Sound financial guidance
If you currently do not have a plan in place, and your family for the future. Any existing strategy should already be scheduled for review and updated every four (4) years. At Altman & Associates, our Maryland estate planning lawyers are knowledgeable in:
- Charitable planning – Making sure your intentions, and donations, are handled ethically and within the limits of the law.
- International estate planning – Understanding the complicated laws and regulations in foreign countries and applying them to your current domestic arrangements.
- IRA and retirement planning – How you can strategize today for what you may or may not need tomorrow.
- Pre-marital planning – Protecting you, and your partners assets as you prepare for marriage.
- Retirement planning – How to get the most out of your golden years, personally and financially.
- Special needs planning – For those instances where long term care or a nursing home is needed.
- Tax planning – How to minimize the Federal and State tax implications on assets and inheritance.
- Wills & trusts – Creating the necessary legal documents required to protect you and your estate in case of death or extreme/extended disability.
Our Maryland estate planning attorneys take pride in providing specialized assistance to every client. Our practice centers exclusively on how you want your assets handled, owned, managed, and preserved during your lifetime, as well as how you wish for them to be distributed upon your death. We are well- versed in such areas as:
- Advanced directives – Instructions for future health care and treatment, or the Power of Attorney to determine same.
- Asset protection – Keeping what you have safe from interference or audit.
- Avoiding probate – Guiding you effortlessly through the entire inheritance process.
- Elder law – Knowing any and all changes to existing legislation covering your particular situation.
- Estate and fiduciary litigation – Dealing with claims against you and your property, or how it was handled by others.
- Trust and probate administration – Handling all the jobs required of a CFP Certified Fiduciary
Contact an experienced Maryland estate planning attorney today
At Altman and Associates, ensuring that you and your family are prepared for the future is our number-one priority. We have the knowledge, experience and the resources to address any and all of your specific estate planning needs. The time to address your legacy is now, not when tragedy strikes. Our offices are conveniently located in the Rockville, Bethesda area and in Columbia, Maryland. Learn more about your options. Call us at 301-468-3220 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.