Altman & Associates, a nationally recognized, boutique trust and estates law firm in Rockville is seeking a part-time experienced trust and estate paralegal. This position will likely start with 25 hours a week and it may grow into a full-time position based on performance and the firm’s needs. Ideal for an experienced candidate looking to get back into the work force.
Essential functions include:
- Coordinate all phases of estate administration for estates varying in size and level of complexity;
- Collect and value assets; prepare probate forms; participate in meetings with clients;
- Prepare estate tax returns, inventories, accountings;
- Maintain and reconcile estate and trust accountings using Excel;
- Frequent communication with executors, administrators, and trustees;
- Coordinate all phases of trust administration for various clients;
- Utilize computer programs and software relating to estate and trust administration and estate tax return preparation; and
- Work with highly confidential client information.
Education and Experience:
- College degree is a plus;
- Paralegal certificate preferred;
- Minimum one or more years of direct trust and estate administration work experience required;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working and practical knowledge of estate administration and probate process in MD, DC and VA;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with estate and trust tax software (knowledge of GEMS and EVP);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Word;
- Ability to multi-task; and
- Possess strong organizational skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Leyli at email@example.com. Please no solicitations or agencies!